Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patty's Day

Okay, so here we are again!  And I have things to share!!!  (Nothing green or Irish but a well wish to you in the post title!)   First up... 

  
Look at that tree.  Isn't it incredible?  This was spotted on a walk in the woods with my doxie Bean.  I love this picture so very much.



Then there is this.  This is a take on my Chickadee pin design.  It was a gift for a very special friend.  I like how it turned out.  I wanted it to look like the Indian animal garlands made from sari cloth - I believe - but this one is made from wool felt and painted wooden beads.  Someday, I would like to make one for myself.  Amazing how little I make for myself.  I try to remedy that every year and I hope to do better this year.  I guess in a way, that is the point of resurrecting the blog.  It's something for me.

Lets see, lets see....  I do have some new dolls that I am making that I am so excited to show and to post in my web shops but they are not quite finished so that will have to wait....  Here is something I can share!  I dusted off the old Elmer and Eleanor jewelry website.  (That is also something that goes on my to-do list every year and sort of fizzles sadly.)  But I love it and I believe in it and having this very empty little shop just waiting for whatever sort of jewelry that I may get to make one day/today/etc. makes me so happy.  There is something deep down in me that is a jewelry maker, I can feel it, I just haven't quite tapped fully into it yet.  Until then, I have a very very good time making these little pendants.  There are two in there now - these two -
 
And you can go there too - www.elmerandeleanor.etsy.com (PS Elmer and Eleanor are my grandparent's names. And Wait!!!  My Grandfather was 100% Irish!  So we have indeed come full circle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment